POSITION: ELEVATOR INSPECTOR
LOCATION: PITTSBURGH, PA
- Inspects elevator and escalator equipment to verify it is operating in accordance with all applicable jurisdiction code requirements and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Examines equipment and site to identify possible defects and faults in equipment, maintenance, machine room, hoistway and pit.
- Witness of standard testing methods to ensure equipment operation meets established code requirements.
- Completes deficiency and test reports and submits to the state.
- Operates in accordance with established safety practices.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Possession of current QEI (Qualified Elevator Inspector) certification
- Two to Five years’ experience in the elevator industry with a working knowledge of elevator mechanics, maintenance, repairs, and testing of elevator systems.
- Education in an engineering discipline which may account for field-related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Position provides a very flexible work environment.
- Inspectors work daily off-site at a commercial building setting such as: offices, hospitals, universities, apartments, and industrial sites.
- Position requires physical ability to climb ladders and ride on top of elevator unit to inspect.
- Limited in-office time
- Inspection appointments are scheduled by office personnel
- Customer deficiency reports and invoices are prepared by office personnel
- Elevators Management Services provides favorable compensation plans for the industry.
- Interested candidates please contact Rich Sieber at email@example.com or 412.926.3970.
Elevator Management Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.