Elevator Modernization Specifications
- Perform a detailed survey of all the elevator equipment, including the machine room, hoistway and pit.
- Provide a deficiency report detailing work to be performed by the existing maintenance company to obtain a lower modernization bid price and ensure more reliable operation during modernization.
- Research all code requirements and create specifications to address all code requirements.
- Analyze which parts of the elevator system can be retained and which parts must be replaced.
- Research and select appropriate systems and products, and write specifications describing the products.
- Create work-by-other-trades specification section and work with building management to ensure all elevator code requirements are addressed.